Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, August 24, 2007

Mommy's Makeup! :)

FINGERPRINTS.

Sometimes you get discouraged,
because I am so small
And leave my little fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing
And soon will be so tall
That all these little fingerprints
Will be difficult to recall.
So here's a little handprint
That you can put away
So you will know how my fingers looked
On this special day.

~Author Unknown~





For those of you who have been around Jillian for any period of time, you know that our little girl loves to "organize" things. She will take all of the things from our "pantry" ( really its only a low cabinet filled with food) and arrange them in the living room against the wall. She is very particular about what order all the items go in, it is very amusing to watch, and try to figure out what is going on in that pretty head of hers. But her organization savviness is not just limited to our pantry foods, she will do it with all of her toys and a new item she has discovered is mommy's lotions (and small samples of make-up).

When Jillian's Grandad and Grammie came to visit in May, Marilyn gave me a sample of some Clinique goodies and I put them in a bag. I normally make sure that there isn't anything in there that will cause Jillian to get into trouble before I give it to her. But today, I was distracted and I left this cream blush in the bag and sure enough when I left the room I heard a big "uh oh" in the other room. (Jillian likes to say "uh oh" when she knows she has done something wrong!) She got the cream blush all in her hair, her cheek, as well as her ear! I took a picture, because I couldn't resist capturing this memory.

One of my favorite pictures of my brother and sister is a picture my mom took of the two of them covered in sticky, ooky mud. I think I appreciate that picture even more now that I AM A MOM. I am thankful that my mom kept her sense of humor, even when her two children came home a huge mess! She had the wisdom to know that she wouldn't always have little fingerprints all over her house. I know that this next year (maybe even the next couple of years) will hold its challenges with having two little ones, but I pray for the grace and wisdom to cherish this time while I have it with them. I hope that you have a blessed day!

PS: I did explain to Jillian we only play with make-up with Mommy's help, because we often have fun in the morning, with me putting a little bit of Mommy's make-up on her cheeks, so that she feels like a big girl too!

1 comment:

  1. she is very cute. congratulations to you on staying patient in that toddler stunt and capturing that memory for all of you to cherish.

    ReplyDelete