I downloaded these photos over a week ago, but didn't have much time to write anything about it (and I am also too impatient to try to correct the order of the photos...I don't know what I did wrong!?!). But here it goes...
Jillian was adorable on her first day of school She wanted to wear her Strawberry Shortcake dress and be just like her mom. When I was little one of my nicknames was "Strawberry Shortcake" and Jillian loves that we can share the same nickname. I also had a friend embroider a book bag for Jillian with her name on it and she was just so proud of herself.
Unfortunately, Jillian wasn't feeling well that morning and she told Brad and me that she wasn't feeling well. So we took her temperature and it was completely normal, so we decided it was most likely nerves that was making her feel a little sick. So we went to pre-school anyway and then we went to Krispy Kreme for a donut and some chocolate milk. Then after that, we drove Brad to work, and that was when Jillian threw-up several times all over the car and herself. I guess it wasn't nerves, but thankfully our friend Ava who was playing with her the whole time didn't get sick. I love the photos I took of my little girl asleep in the car seat (after getting sick). Even though she is an official "preschooler" and gaining some independence, she is still my little girl. :-)
The first class the moms/ dads were invited to be in the classroom with the kids. We read the Kissing Hand, a book about a little raccoon who was worried about being away from his mom when he starts school. So his mom tells him a secret and kisses his hand and tells her little raccoon that whenever he misses her he can press his kissed against his cheek and feel close to his mom! The little raccoon in response kisses his mom's hand, so she can feel close to him when he is away.
As our special craft that day, both Jillian and I traced our hands on a piece of paper and put sticker kisses in the middle of it for our very own "kissing hand". It was really sweet, and I was hoping to get to put it on our refrigerator! But Miss Jillian had her plans for our picture and she added it to her "portfolio" (that's what we call it)! She is very proud of her little portfolio, that serves as a scrapbook too. She has special projects she has done from church, school, & home, as well as receipts from stores we have been to, and a name tag from her trip to the NIH with her daddy. I am LOVING IT, she is becoming nearly as sentimental as her mommy! :-) Now all we need to figure out is how we can go about sharing her stuff?!!?!
You must feel so proud (and sad), having a school girl! She looks very grown-up, standing on your front step.
ReplyDelete