Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, October 23, 2009

Saying Good-bye to Uncle Daniel

I have been a little more emotional the last few days because I said good-bye to my little brother on Thursday. Daniel moved back to Texas.  Selfishly,  I really wanted him to stay here, but I also know that this is the right decision for him. He prayed a lot about it and decided that it was best he went "home" to be closer to the rest of our family.  

While here, my brother really became a close member of our family.  Every week, Daniel was at our house doing his laundry, taking the girls to the park, and playing games with the grown-ups (Settlers being our favorite).  I loved having my brother here, because I never felt like I had to "entertain" him or impress him. All he "demanded" was a "little food" and something sweet to eat. He was my little brother who knew and accepted me with my warts and all.  He also had the best relationship with Brad.  I don't know anyone (other than me) who has more respect and admiration for my husband than my little brother.  He always encouraged me to see Brad's point of view and helped me have a clearer understanding of what my husband was thinking. :-) I don't know what we are going to do without my little brother but I do know I am really proud of the man Daniel has become...WE MISS YOU DANIEL! 

Here are some pictures of our McDonald's farewell to him! :-) 








No comments:

Post a Comment