Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

The next day, after all the excitement in downtown D.C., we had a restful, memorable Mother's Day as a family.

I woke up to a delicious breakfast in bed: heart pancakes with strawberries and powdered sugar, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs with cheese.

The girls joined me in bed and stole a few bites of my yummy breakfast.

Then we went to church and afterwards had lunch at Cafe Rio in Olney for the first time! 

Our sweet, sweet friends Michelle, Reed, and Lindsey joined us! 

Then we went home and cuddled on the couch while we all watched mommy's all time favorite movie...

The Sound of Music!

Faith (flowers on the left) and Jillian (crafts on the right) both made adorable hand-print crafts and gave them to me for Mother's Day. 

Jillian also wrote a book at school entitled "My Mom". 

"My mom always says I love you."

"My mom cooks the best pakax (pancakes)."
And then after that, she wrote a couple more pages without drawn pictures:

"My mom really loves me."
"My mom and I really like to go on a daat (date)."

"My mom's favorite clothes to wear are she red setr (sweater) and shrt (shirt)."


And my favorite, "My mom is beautiful because she loves the lort (Lord)."

It was a beautiful Mother's Day! I am so thankful for my three girls and my amazing, supportive husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment