Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Life's Interruptions

My friends, just as I felt I was coming to the end of my rope with this foot thing, God offered me some insight from a friend, as well as some relief from the pain too!  The last couple of days have been encouraging and I hope I can look back at this when I am feeling brought down by this tiresome journey again.   :-)  


A Note of Encouragement from a Friend:

"You may have seen this before but I get these daily devotional emails and this quote was included in one recently that really helped put things in perspective for me and it occured to me today it might help with your foot Lauren.  Its a CS Lewis quote about life and I know your foot situation is frustrating and bothersome and interrupting your previous routine, but think about it as a blessing:


“The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one's 'own,' or 'real' life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one's real life -- the life God is sending one day by day.”

One song I really like that helped me in the past while waiting to find out about (private) and that I heard again today helps me in being patient waiting is John Waller's "While I'm Waiting". We're all often 'waiting' on something,  me with this.... and you with your foot, so hope this song can help a little too."

I hope for any of you who are in a waiting period that you will be encouraged as well. It is never for waste.




No comments:

Post a Comment