The first time I ever heard that "saying" was when I was a bride-to-be. I was extremely stressed trying to make everyone happy and was even more stressed that I wasn't succeeding. Wedding planning can be a very stressful event for a bride (and the family...I am praying for you Jenaby :) !) but my dear friend Sandy Wiggins reassured me that I was being prayed for, by her and many other friends and family members. It was such a great comfort to me to know that godly people were lifting me up in prayer, and I knew God was going to answer their prayers and mine. When I went into labor with Jilllian, I told myself repeatedly... "LIVE LIKE YOU'RE BEING PRAYED FOR!". Well, today I am going to do that same thing! We have a LONG journey ahead of us. Just to get to the airport, it will take us 3 hours (with a second train connection)! I have been singing all morning Chris Tomlin's "His Grace is Enough" and I am believing it to be true! His grace is sufficient for me (and Brad) during this long journey pregnant and with a toddler! :) Thank you for your many prayers! :)
A quick update on our last week! We have had several dinners/ lunches with friends this last week. Because for some of our friends here in Cambridge, this last week was the last opportunity we will get to see them. Several of our friends are done with their year here and are now moving on. :( I am a little sad, but I am so thankful that God placed them in our life! We also spent some time with some "old friends", Gene and Donna Kornegay came for a visit this last Saturday! We went punting and enjoyed some traditonal scones, and just enjoyed one another's company! I have especially missed Donna, she is such a encouraging, godly woman! (I will post pictures when I get the time). Also, Brad and I had several late-nighters as we compiled an "International Recipe Book" for my Coffee Group here at Clare Hall! It turned out fantastic and everyone was so appreciative of the gift of our time. And I think Brad and I even enjoyed being "young again" and pulling late-nighters (it reminded us of times at A&M); I know it will be a great remembrance of our time here in Cambridge for the both of us. (Soon I hope to post a couple of my favorite recipes that friends contributed!).
I apologize if this post is a little incoherent...I am just rambling I think! I am leaving in 10 minutes to go to the United States of America!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment