Psalm 119:105
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
A sweet story from just a couple of minutes ago...for those of you who know Brad well, you know he always has a green, pocket-size Gideon Bible he keeps in his back pocket. He uses it to meditate on God's word during breaks and has also used it in evangelizing (by God's grace, he has been able to give stacks of green Bibles away!). Well one of Brad's evening rituals is to take out his Bible, along with his wallet. Then in the morning he replaces both of the items back into his pockets.
Well I guess Jillian has observed her daddy doing this a number of times, and today when she found her daddy's green Bible on the coffee table, she tried to put it into her back pocket. But she was wearing a dress that didn't have any back pockets, so into her panty (really diaper) liner it went! :) More and more (and I know that I have said this before) I am realizing what an AWESOME responsibility we have as parents to raise our children in the Lord. My prayer for myself, as well as for Jillian and for our other little girl is that we would thirst for God's Word and that we would meditate and find strength in His Scriptures day-by- day and hour-by-hour!
More Blog Updates to Come about our Re-Adjustment to being back in England and out time in the USA!
Brad,
ReplyDeleteThis is Ben - I'm attending lectures at Oxford and would love to come visit and spend a day at Cambridge - I'm looking at schools for doctoral work. If you can, e-mail me at benarbour@yahoo.com
I hope we get to hang out soon. Church Sunday?
Ben,
ReplyDeleteYour email account bounced, saying your account was disabled or discontinued. Do you have another account? Church Sunday would be great.
Brad,
ReplyDeleteTry sending one to me at:
barbour@mountainfeet.biz
e-mail is the best way of contact right now to get me, but leave me a number to get you, and I'll try to call tomorrow - I'll be in London visiting the London School of Theology, and the afternoon at St. Paul's cathedral. Talk more with you soon.
You've gotta climb to the top
ReplyDeleteBrad & Lauren:
ReplyDeleteWe saw on the news about all the flooding in England. Are y'all okay?
Let us know.
Love, \o/ bethany