Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tailtha's Third Birthday Party

(This is very belated, but I am in the "blogging mood" and trying to catch all of you up!)

Before moving over here, Brad asked the college if there was another student/ student's spouse that we could contact to ask some questions about Clare Hall and England! The lady they put us in contact is my friend Ruth, who is American but has lived all over the world. For the months before our move to the UK, she and I would e-mail each other. I'll never forget Ruth telling me that the flat we were going to be assigned to was really terrific because it had a microwave in it!!! LOL ! You can imagine my dismay! But when you put it in context, Ruth had previously lived in Uzbekistan, where there was no running water, so a microwave was an incredible luxury!

Ruth planned Talitha's 3rd party, and Talitha had invited three special friends, one friend for each year of age she is turning. But at the last moment, her son got sick and his daddy had to stay home with him at their flat! So, I offered our flat for the festivities! We had so much fun together. And Jillian and I were so honored that Jillian was one of Talitha's three special friends invited! :)

Also, on the invitee list, were our sweet friends Maria and Leni! Maria is from New Zealand but lived in Peru before moving to England for her husband's studies! And the other honored guests were Agnes and Audrey who are originally from Indonesia but lived in the US before moving to England! They recently spent some time in Singapore too! I always joke that we are the really boring ones! We have lived only in two places... England and the US, but I look forward to visiting our friends around the world someday!






Leni, Jillian, Audrey, and Talitha. The girls were given these masks as party favors!!! Jillian loved being the princess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment