I purposely waited to "blog" most of our last days in England. It was an emotional time for us and I just wanted to savor every moment and not think too much about that these were our good-byes to the people and places we came to love. This is my first "installment" of more posts to come in the near future (at least that is my hope, I have been a bad blogger recently).
I spend the time doing this because Brad has accurately called our blog our family's "on-line scrapbook". Blogging has been a way for me to reflect/ journal on some of the memories we have made together, while sharing them with our family and friends who are far away. :)
One of the most exciting things we shared with friends before we left was the news of an expectant arrival, getting to watch our friend Kristin's bump grow and the arrival of a baby girl to our friends Martina and Casper. It was really hard to leave those friends. But we are thankful for the time we had with them.
Martina with baby Josephine (5 weeks old in this photo)! Martina and I really enjoyed our time together with our four girls. We had several "picnics" (cookies and fruit) out on the lawn and would talk all about our adjustment in becoming moms to two!
Josh and Brad on our double date at Bella Italia
The four of us haven't had much time together just the adults! As a special good-bye to one another, we went out to eat at our favorite Italian restaurant in town. Our sweet friend Anna Thompson babysat for us...thank you Anna! :)
When Kristin and Josh returned from their trip to the States (last December), we told them our news that we were going to be moving in April or May. Kristin immediately asked, "couldn't you wait until after August?". I was confused initially that she wanted us to stay until then, but then I thought, "Oh, maybe, she just wants us to be able to enjoy the summer here!". But the truth of the matter was that she was expecting her 3rd baby (they told us the news on Christmas Eve) and baby boy Irvine is due in August. We can't wait to see photos!
Just a couple of weeks before we left, Maria and Jon told us the news that they were expecting their second baby. Their eldest daughter, Leni, was a miracle baby. They didn't think they would be able to have any more children, but God has answered our prayers and blessed them again! (This picture was taken minutes after I found out the news and she is only a few weeks along!). I can't wait to see some photos of Maria with a bump!
Brad and I discovered through Maria's jazz concert that we are big fans of JAZZ! Maria is an incredibly gifted musician. We have one of the songs she wrote on our I-tunes music selection (we told her how much we loved it and she gave the song to us)! "When Daylight Falls" (available for purchase in the UK but not in the US) is a beautiful song and would be a perfect wedding song. I ALMOST wish I were getting married to Brad again, so we could have it at our wedding, but maybe for one of our anniversary's we can have it as part of a celebration :) My favorite line is a Biblical allusion "Let us run the race set before us".
A picture of Maria and me after her concert! It was one of the few dates Brad and I have had since Faith was born. We had the best time. It was really relaxing and we loved the meaning behind the songs she has chosen to sing. (My many thanks to Beth who rode her bike over at the last moment notice to babysit our girls! I miss you Beth.)
No comments:
Post a Comment