The Sunday before our last at Eden, my friend Jess got baptized. (I was so happy that she was able to schedule it before we left to come back to the USA!) It was beautiful to witness her profession of faith in Jesus Christ. The person who is being baptized shares their testimony of how they came to know the Lord Jesus. He/ she also chooses all the songs that are sung for worship that day (Jess picked some of my favorites...Be Thou My Vision, Blessed be the Name), as well as the Scriptures that he/she wants read, as well as the person he/she wants to read the Scripture! I was very honored that Jess asked me to read the Scripture at her baptism and our friend Jen held her towel as she came out of the baptism pool. It was a special day and one I will always remember.
Family Photo
Monday, July 21, 2008
The Baptism of My Friend
Yesterday, I answered the phone and I was delighted to hear a British accent on the other end. It was my sweet, sweet friend Jess. She is such an encouragement to me, and I am so thankful for her faithful prayers as we continue to make this transition. :) Talking to Jess has also "inspired" me to continue my quest to blog our last days in England (even though it makes me home-sick for England)!
The Sunday before our last at Eden, my friend Jess got baptized. (I was so happy that she was able to schedule it before we left to come back to the USA!) It was beautiful to witness her profession of faith in Jesus Christ. The person who is being baptized shares their testimony of how they came to know the Lord Jesus. He/ she also chooses all the songs that are sung for worship that day (Jess picked some of my favorites...Be Thou My Vision, Blessed be the Name), as well as the Scriptures that he/she wants read, as well as the person he/she wants to read the Scripture! I was very honored that Jess asked me to read the Scripture at her baptism and our friend Jen held her towel as she came out of the baptism pool. It was a special day and one I will always remember.

The Sunday before our last at Eden, my friend Jess got baptized. (I was so happy that she was able to schedule it before we left to come back to the USA!) It was beautiful to witness her profession of faith in Jesus Christ. The person who is being baptized shares their testimony of how they came to know the Lord Jesus. He/ she also chooses all the songs that are sung for worship that day (Jess picked some of my favorites...Be Thou My Vision, Blessed be the Name), as well as the Scriptures that he/she wants read, as well as the person he/she wants to read the Scripture! I was very honored that Jess asked me to read the Scripture at her baptism and our friend Jen held her towel as she came out of the baptism pool. It was a special day and one I will always remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment