They were very kind to have a good-bye dinner in his honor that the girls and I were invited to attend, but because of the hour of the dinner I thought it best that we say good-bye during the day. So Brad's last week, we brought Chelsea Buns and lemon cake from the infamous Fitzbillies to share with everyone. Jillian had a little crush (and I think it was definitely reciprocated) on Ian (Brad's boss). The pictures are adorable. I know Brad is missing his work there but he is also excited to be progressing with the next steps that will allow him to complete his PhD!
Family Photo
Monday, July 21, 2008
Good-bye to Brad's Lab
Brad had an incredible experience with his lab in Cambridge. He got on "brillliantly" (a British term) with his boss/ PI (Primary Investigator) and they would have long one-to-one conversations about science. Every day the lab would have lunch together and they would always tease Brad about his peanut-butter/ jelly sandwiches (Brad's favorite) and his obsession with American cookies Nilla wafers. Lunch included for Brad many cultural lessons in the differences between England and the US. They were a really nice group of people that Brad enjoyed getting to know.
They were very kind to have a good-bye dinner in his honor that the girls and I were invited to attend, but because of the hour of the dinner I thought it best that we say good-bye during the day. So Brad's last week, we brought Chelsea Buns and lemon cake from the infamous Fitzbillies to share with everyone. Jillian had a little crush (and I think it was definitely reciprocated) on Ian (Brad's boss). The pictures are adorable. I know Brad is missing his work there but he is also excited to be progressing with the next steps that will allow him to complete his PhD!


They were very kind to have a good-bye dinner in his honor that the girls and I were invited to attend, but because of the hour of the dinner I thought it best that we say good-bye during the day. So Brad's last week, we brought Chelsea Buns and lemon cake from the infamous Fitzbillies to share with everyone. Jillian had a little crush (and I think it was definitely reciprocated) on Ian (Brad's boss). The pictures are adorable. I know Brad is missing his work there but he is also excited to be progressing with the next steps that will allow him to complete his PhD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment