Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bargains

We are having a baby in 16 weeks!!! I have been working really hard trying to clean out and organize everything in preparation for Baby #3!  So naturally, we had some things that we no longer wanted and needed to give away! So the whole family last week made a trip to the Unique Thrift Store to make the drop-off . While there, I decided to look at their furniture (which was 1/2 off!) to see if I could find a white dresser or bookshelf.  I didn't find that but I found something just as GREAT!   I found this full Aerobed brand-new (still in the plastic packaging, without the box) for $10.  I had done my research on Aerobeds recently and knew it retailed for at least $80 depending on the size and type.  When we got to the check-out, the cashier told me she had to wait for the manager to come to put in the discount.  And I was thinking to myself discount?! What discount is she talking about?  Well it ended up it had a green tag and was considered to be furniture. I paid $5 for it!!  When I got home afterwards I checked on Amazon to discover it was a top-of-the line model and retails for $170!  
  
Here Jillian and I are trying out the fun, new aerobed.

Earlier this summer, the girls and I found this Summer video monitor (brand-new) at the thrift store for $25 (retails for $200)! We have loved having it to watch the girls in the evening.  It has been great entertainment! 

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, you give a whole new meaning to finding a Bargain. We always want you on our team.
    Love,
    Mom and Dad Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you got that monitor for $25. You are such an amazing bargain shopper! We have the same one and paid the retail! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete