These past couple of weeks as Brad and I have processed the decision we made and grieved what we lost have been difficult. I, especially have gone through a whole gamut of emotions: shock, anger, and even a bit of depression. But God has been so faithful and drawn me closer to Him in this process.
I have seen His hand at work in teaching me to put my hope solely in him. I know I don't have to fear the future, because my Heavenly Father is faithful. And even more amazing, His faithfulness is not dependent on me or my performance. Even when I make mistakes, He is still able to work all things together for His glory and for my good. It may not be what the world tells me that I "need" or "deserve", but it is truly GOOD and it is "enough".
Last night at my women's Bible Study at church, we began our week study of "Enough". I really like the illustration Priscilla Shirer gave of her son anxiously awaiting his birthday party. He was so worried that he wouldn't get the things that were on his "birthday list" that he sadly missed the joy of his upcoming birthday. Shirer compared that to so many of us who are anxious because we aren't entrusting our future to our Heavenly Father. But the truth is we can enjoy today (the present) knowing that God loves us perfectly and what He has for us is more than "enough".
| |||
In this Behind the Story of "Open My Hands", Sara Groves shares an excerpt from a devotion by Sir Richard Baker about Psalm 84:11:
"But how is this (Psalm 84:11) true, when God oftentimes withholds riches and honours, and health of body from men, though they walk never so uprightly; we may therefore know that honours and riches and bodily strength, are none of God's good things; they are of the number of things indifferent which God bestows promiscuously upon the just and unjust, as the rain to fall and the sun to shine. The good things of God are chiefly peace of conscience and the joy in the Holy Ghost in this life; fruition of God's presence, and vision of his blessed face in the next, and these good things God never bestows upon the wicked, never withholds from the godly...."
"Open My Hands" by Sara Groves
I believe in a blessing I don't understand
I’ve seen rain fall on wicked and the just
Rain is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us
I believe in a peace that flows deeper than pain
That broken find healing in love
Pain is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me
I believe in a fountain that will never dry
Though I've thirsted and didn't have enough
Thirst is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me
No good thing from us
No good thing from us
He withholds no good thing from us
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me
I’ve seen rain fall on wicked and the just
Rain is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us
I believe in a peace that flows deeper than pain
That broken find healing in love
Pain is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me
I believe in a fountain that will never dry
Though I've thirsted and didn't have enough
Thirst is no measure of his faithfulness
He withholds no good thing from us
No good thing from us, no good thing from us
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me
No good thing from us
No good thing from us
He withholds no good thing from us
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I will open my hands, will open my heart
I am nodding my head an emphatic yes
To all that You have for me
No comments:
Post a Comment