Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, September 14, 2012

Slippin' and Slidin'

The Saturday after the first week of school, we went to the Glenn's house to celebrate the birthday of a very special one year old! I can not believe that a year has already passed and that Lucy is ONE (to see fun photos of our first meeting with Lucy a year ago, go here).

We enjoyed a delicious lunch of hot dogs and hamburgers with pasta salad and fruit salad! Then we had the most incredible ice-cream buffet EVER! 



The vanilla ice-cream was incredibly rich and creamy, it was from the Amish Dutch Market! And to top it, there was every conceivable topping you could think of! I really wanted to "drop-by" later in the week, just so I could have a second sundae, but I restrained myself :-)

Then we had some fun outdoor water fun. The first time Faith did the slip and slide, she gave herself a really big running start...

and then she landed on her "bum-bum" with a big thud! 

There were no tears, just a little bit of shock (as well as laughs) all around! :-)
After all that work and effort, she came to a complete stand-still.

Thankfully, Mr. Andrew helped her along and gave her a good push to the swimming pool! 


Then it was Anna's turn, she decided it might work best to crawl...

It was slow-moving,

but she eventually made it! 




All the kids waiting in line for their turn on the slip-n-slide!

Mrs. Naomi had color bubbles for the kids to enjoy while slippin' and slidin'.

With every turn, my kids seemed to grow more resilient and brave in their slippin' and slidin'! 






Until they soon became happy "experts" in the field of slip-n-slides! 






I love Anna's face of "excitement" (some may say terror), she was having the time of her life!

Finally, I love this photo of little Lucy watching all the kids on the slip and slide having fun at her party!

Thank you little Lucy (and her mommy and daddy too) for inviting us to celebrate your life and birthday with you!  

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see these pictures. Thanks for celebrating with us!

    ReplyDelete