Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, March 1, 2013

Biergarten: Germany

For our last sit-down meal at Disney World, we ate at Biergarten, a German restaurant! It was my favorite meal at Disney World; the food, atmosphere was incredible! And because of my high, high recommendation, our family friends, who are going for spring break, have already made reservations to experience it too! :-) I am so excited that I am going to be able to live vicariously through them for a second time at the Biergarten.

But before lunch, we made a quick stop at Karemell-Kuche for some hand crafted caramel treats to bring home with us.


I met Lakshmi who is from Weisbaden, my mom's birthplace! I was very excited, and she seemed to be too! :-)


I purchased two bags of caramel popcorn (one for our friends and one for our family)! It was AMAZING popcorn. Even Brad, who is not normally a big fan of caramel popcorn, loved it.


Then we went to Biergarten to wait for our table! 


A family photo of us at Biergarten.


I first went up to the buffet and grabbed a sampling of foods for the girls to try. They really enjoyed the breads, pretzels, meatballs, green beans, and tomato salad. They weren't as big of a fan of the sauerkraut, but I thought it was really good! Brad loved the warm German potatoes (not pictured). 
All the food was AMAZING and just seeing the photos again makes my mouth water!

I tried brussel sprouts for the first time in a long, long while! My mom always made brussels sprouts at Christmas with hollandaise sauce. And I sadly have to admit that I never was a big fan of it. But now that I am grown-up, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it to be.  It  actually tasted pretty good this time around!  I know my mom would be so proud. :-)


It really felt like we were in a Bavarian village in Germany.


Then, we had a sampling of desserts to try! They were ALL AMAZING! 


Little Anna was so appreciative of the bites of yummy desserts that she gave me a spontaneous hug! :-)


The music was fantastic! 





The girls loved the show.


They used all kinds of different instruments.


They even invited everyone to dance! 

Watching all three of my girls take turns dancing with their daddy...


and with one another was one of my all time favorite memories! It was the perfect way to say good-bye to Epcot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment