Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, December 2, 2013

Solomons Island- Day 1

The weekend after Labor Day weekend, we went to the Navy Recreation Center at Solomons with some friends from church.

It was only about an hour and a half drive from our house but we had never been there before! 

Jillian got to work immediately to help prepare dinner by scooping the watermelon.

We had a beautiful view from the back porch where we ate our dinner.

Adam and Brad are old pals.
Katie and her little one, Brielle enjoyed the cook-out together.

Then, it was S'mores time! 

The kids did a great job roasting the marshmallows for us.

It was a little messy,

but well worth it. :-)

After dinner and dessert, we took a bike ride to the beach.

Happiness is slipping off your shoes to walk on the beach.  Jillian had been looking forward to this moment all summer!


It was the perfect weather outside, and because it was September, the water had already warmed considerably in the summer months. It felt wonderful.  


Anna forgot what sand felt like and she wasn't so sure she liked it at first.  

3 year old, Adam had no fear as he walked in the water.  Brad and Luke had to run in after him to stop him from going any further.

Brad made an all-time record for himself while skipping rocks!

And then we walked back to our 5-bedroom "cottage"!

I captured this photo on the way back....so pretty!

Faith is still using her training wheels (we took them off once at her request, but then she asked us to put them back on again), and had a great time riding her bike.


Brad captured a photo of my first-born and me on a swing.

He asked us to make a mean face (I think?)...HAHA, you can't tell from my face very well, but I really was trying.  Jillian was much more convincing than me.  But I still want to give her kisses on her scrunched up nose, she is the cutest "mean" person I've ever encountered.  

Then, we made silly faces.  Once again, I think Jillian is much more convincing than me. I am going to have to take lessons from that girl.  

And then a smiling, relieved face, because we're all done with daddy's crazy ideas. :-)

We let Brielle take a turn on Anna's tricycle too.

It was a wonderful evening and a great start to our time in Solomon's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment