Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jen's American Wedding Shower

My friend Jen is getting married to a USA Navy Man in May and then moving to America! I wanted to do something to say "good-bye" and to celebrate their upcoming wedding and marriage and decided to throw a shower (American-style). :-)

Jen wearing one of her shower's gift, a new apron!

Jen has lots of people who love her LOTS and LOTS! :-)


Everyone made a dish from their "home" (there are lots of us who are foreigners) and shared it at the shower. I am compiling a recipe book for Jen with everyone's recipe and a photo of them holding their yummy dish.

Jen, her sister, Ruth, and her mom making some American chocolate chip cookies while the rest of us worked on recipes for "how to have fun in the US"; "how to stay in touch with friends when far away" and "how to have a happy marriage".

Here Susan is presenting her groups "recipe to stay close to to friends when far away". I know Jen will be missed by many of her friends when she moves to the US when Mike, but I am so excited for the adventure that awaits them!

No comments:

Post a Comment