Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Couponing Game

I have been couponing and stock piling for quite some time and enjoy allowing my family to live on a budget while enjoying some of the "nicer things".    A typical deal I am very happy with would be to buy Sister Schubert rolls ($4.19) for half off ($2.10) and then to use a super coupon for $0.75 that doubles to $1.50 and I get the rolls for Thanksgiving for $0.60.  

I have always figured out my own deals and have never used the "supermarket game" (because that costs money and I can do it myself!).  But this last week, I did something I have NEVER done before, thanks to my friend Trisha's excellent resources in the blog world.   These blogs do the work for you for FREE!!!! Not only that, through these resources I have been introduced to some on-line coupons I didn't even know existed!   

Okay, so here is the "AMAZING DEAL"! Last week, Target had some of their crackers and cookies on sale for $2 (regularly $4 each), which is a great deal in itself, but if you bought 5 packages, you got a $5 Target gift card back, making it $1 for each package. In addition there was a coupon web-site online that offered manufacturers coupons that you can print on your home computer to reduce the price to $0.25 to $0.50 for each box (depending on the coupon- Cheez-Its had a $0.75 coupon making it $0.25).    Finally, if you were able to find 5 packages that had "Toy Shop Tokens" you could send it in for a rebate check of $10!!! I found the tokens and it reduced my original cost of $11 to $1 (I have already sent the tokens in!).  I paid $1 for 25 packages of cookies and crackers!!! I can still hardly believe it! 


Club Crackers- 4 boxes
Town House- 5 boxes
Cheez-It (Regular, Party Mix, and Duoz)- 4 Boxes
Keebler Fudge Shop Grasshoppers- 5 packages
Keebler Fudge Shop Fudgestick- 1 package
Keebler Fudge Shop Fudgestripes- 6 packages

FOR A TOTAL OF 25 PACKAGES of CRACKERS AND COOKIES
(two packages are missing from this picture)

*Brad met with his boss from Cambridge this last weekend in Florida and wanted to bring something for Ian to take back for group meeting, so he took one of the Fudgestripes with him. Also, I had to completely cut up one of the club crackers boxes for the "toy shop" rebate, so it is missing too.  This stash should last us several months, none of it expires until late summer!  

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Incredible! Obviously it pays to be tech savy and the verse is true--Seek and you will find. Proud of you.
    Mom and Dad Holmes

    ReplyDelete