I will let the pictures tell the story of our Gingerbread House adventure! We had so much fun this weekend preparing ourselves for the Christmas season! :-)


Faith got really into squishing the icing like her daddy told her to do! :-)

Last year we did not have the convenience of this tray! It was a big help.

Faith sampling the yummy icing! :-)


Faith putting colorful gumdrops on the roof of the house!
These are great pictures. I want to make a gingerbread house!
ReplyDeleteIs this only an American tradition at Christmas? Do you know why gingerbread / why at Christmas?
I learned from attending my friend's wedding in Norway that it's traditional for the bride and groom to make gingerbread models representing their new spouse's profession. The models then sit next to the wedding cake(s) at the reception.
We prefer not to be anonymous but I don't know the techonology to be otherwise. What I do know is that this is the most magnificant ginger bread house I've ever seen! Only surpassed by the three workers and the photographer who documented the process. Reminded me of all the great cathedreals we saw across the pond.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi and PawPaw