Brad's PhD journey has been a long one and we are very relieved that it is now complete! While we were in Texas, we were surprised with a graduation party at Beth and Nathan's home. We were so blessed by everyone's support and love for us and were spoiled profusely. It was so much fun, I think Brad has even decided that he wants to get another PhD! :-)

Brad's Aunt Barbara (who traveled from Graham, TX to be with us), Mom Holmes, Me, and Anna

Brad's Aunt Barbara (who traveled from Graham, TX to be with us), Mom Holmes, Me, and Anna

It was a lot of fun for the girls to be at Luke and Ruth Ann's house. They have lots of fun things to play with at their house.

Mimi, Aunt Barbara, Uncle Ed, and Grammie

All of Brad's favorite foods were prepared for the party: croissant sandwiches, chips and queso, spinach dip, fruit and veggies!

A Congratulations cake for Brad finishing his PhD! I even got a congratulations too! :-) I felt so special to be included on the cake. Thanks Beth!

Uncle Daniel arrived at the party a little late because he was on the job that day; we were so glad that he was able to make it! Faith was especially excited when she saw her Uncle Daniel. :-)

Brad opening up his graduation gifts from family. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful. Some of the gifts he received were a gift card to the Apple store, a Visa gift card, checks, and a sentimental Clare Hall, Cambridge University paper weight!

I love Brad's expression when he discovered what was in his gift box from my parents! I still didn't know what he got and was waiting in suspense!

It's Brad's very own iPad! I was totally shocked and asked Marilyn (my step-mom) "How did you know that he wanted that?" Definitely a blonde question. Marilyn replied, "It doesn't take a genius to guess that he would want an iPad. He loves Mac stuff." :-) And boy has he loved it! He uses it for most everything.














Congrats, Brad and Lauren! What an accomplishment. I'm so glad you got to celebrate with your families! You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteBoy, I've never noticed how much you look like you're dad. Spitting image!
That is awesome! What a fun party. congrats!
ReplyDelete