One of our traditions every year is to have a birthday party for Jesus in the month of December. Before we went home to celebrate Christmas with our families, we had an impromptu celebration with our friends the Glenn's at Chick-fil-A.

I made a brownie cake for the party. It did not turn out the prettiest (I put the icing on when it was still hot because we were running a little late) but it was super gooey and yummy.
***Here Jillian is adding some sprinkles to our brownie cake.***

I made a brownie cake for the party. It did not turn out the prettiest (I put the icing on when it was still hot because we were running a little late) but it was super gooey and yummy.
***Here Jillian is adding some sprinkles to our brownie cake.***

We knew that we had kindred spirits with our friends the Glenn's from the beginning. One of things that we discovered we have common is that we both love Chick-fil-A! Yea!
Its just like when Brad and I were newly dating and we discovered that we both like to drink milk with our dinner, EVEN when we are eating tacos or pizza. We knew we were meant to be, it was a deep connection! :-)
Anyway, over the past two years of our friendship, we have been to Chick-fil-A at least a dozen times together (sometimes without the daddies).
After our dinner, we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and then had our dessert. We weren't super loud when we were singing because we didn't want to disturb other people, but I thought it was really sweet that we were singing a song of celebration for our Savior's birth!
***Madeline making a stocking brownie with a cookie cutter.***
***Madeline making a stocking brownie with a cookie cutter.***
Friendship really is one of the greatest gifts God gives to us. :-)
I am so thankful for my dear friend who is faithfully praying for our family and baby girl.
Oliver is one of the sweetest little boys and gives wonderful cuddles! I adore this little guy. We have a special bond, Oliver and me, but I think the reason is because he really likes blondes! It really worked to my advantage to have the same hair color as his mommy! :-)
--------------------
Side Note: Initially I wrote, I "lucked out" because of my blonde hair. But that expression doesn't make any sense to me.
It doesn't make any sense to me that to "luck out" is to be lucky, to me, it seems like it is saying the luck went out the window, that it isn't there any longer. This is what I discovered through my quick google search:
--------------------
Side Note: Initially I wrote, I "lucked out" because of my blonde hair. But that expression doesn't make any sense to me.
It doesn't make any sense to me that to "luck out" is to be lucky, to me, it seems like it is saying the luck went out the window, that it isn't there any longer. This is what I discovered through my quick google search:
| LUCKED OUT | ||
In the UK this has the exact opposite meaning to that in the USA. In other words Lucked Out means you were unlucky ( a much more obvious meaning to my mind) I am much more British-minded than I ever knew! Yahoo!! | ||







Thanks for bringing the brownie cake! It was such a special evening to spend with you guys!
ReplyDeleteChick Fil A is the best! We go there all the time.
ReplyDelete