Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

This year again, we enjoyed packing our Operation Christmas Child for three little girls.


All three of the girls were greatly enthusiastic about giving special gifts!  They recognized that most likely the little girl who received our box would have no other gifts for Christmas but what we gave to her.  Faith wanted to give the little girl money and some of her own personal gifts/ toys in addition to the things that we bought at the store.   And Jillian gave one of her birthday presents (that she already had one of) to her little girl. She was very excited to give "her little girl" a necklace beading set like she had.  It blessed my heart to see their love and generosity to someone they had never met.

We packed our boxes this year during Super Storm Sandy.  It was a great way to pass the time & be productive at the same time!


A couple of weeks later, I ran into one of my neighbors at Target.  She invited our family to go to a shoebox packing at her church.

It was a fun event, we had pizza, watched an inspiring video about Operation Christmas Child and enjoyed fellowship with some Korean-American brothers and sisters in Christ. At the party, Jillian and Faith filled out their "All About Me" worksheets.

Jillian 2012:
Favorite Drink: milkshake
Color: blue chips
Food: chips
Thing to Play: babies
When I have free time, I like to... play with my sisters.
I love Jesus because He first loved me.


Faith 2012:
Favorite Drink: lemonade
Color: rainbow colors and pink
Food: pizza (cheese)
Thing to Play: fly kites
When I have free time, I like to... do somersaults
I love Jesus because He is the Best.


We wrapped our boxes...

in beautiful, festive Christmas wrapping paper.

We also helped prepare some other boxes with donated items from church members. The girls had so much fun "shopping" again for another Operation Christmas Child.  We also wrote cards to the other little girls!  (One of the church members took this photo of Brad and the girls on his phone and sent it to my e-mail address! )  It was a meaningful, special night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment