Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Epcot Future World



Faith was not feeling the best Monday morning, so Brad and I decided it would be best if I took Jillian and Anna ahead of the two of them. It ended up that we did a little exploring of Epcot (for about an hour) on our own.


During our time of exploring, I kept pretty close to the front, because we were expecting Brad and Faith to arrive at any moment (thankfully, we both had cell-phones), but it turned out that Brad ended up waiting close to 45 minutes for a bus!! Not Fun (especially because Jillian, Anna, and I caught our bus in less than 2 minutes after getting to the bus stop)! So, we did not expect it to be as big of a gap in our arrival times as it was, but oh well, it all worked out in the end.

The first ride we rode was Spaceship Earth in the "ball"! :-) I have no recollection of riding it before, but it was really well done, and I loved talking to Jillian about the significance of each of the inventions/ time periods that it showcased!

Then we went to Innoventions to try out Storm Struck, a 4-D experience. We were informed as how to keep our home safe during bad weather with light rain falling us and wind blowing on our face while watching a movie with 3D glasses!

And after that, Brad and Faith arrived!!
We chose to wait for Faith to meet Daisy, because we knew how much Faith loves Daisy, but she was a little shy about meeting her.   Daisy still happily signed Faith's autograph book and I think Faith enjoyed seeing her from a distance.  Meanwhile, Jillian got her photo taken with her first character at Disney World! 

I love little Anna's face of glee as she got Daisy's autograph. :-)

It's funny how excited I got to have my photo taken with Daisy too! 

After our photo with Daisy, we went back to Innoventions.   At this point, Brad took the younger girls to The Great Piggy Bank Adventure, while Jillian and I created our own rollercoaster at the Sum of All Thrills. It was a ton of fun for me to experience this attraction with Jillian, we named our "three hill rollercoaster",  the Blazing Eagle. It was not the most exhilarating ride, but it was one of my favorites, because I had a view of Jillian's face of absolute delight through a video-camera image as we rode in our robotic stimulator.   She LOVED it. :-)

After that, it was Brad's turn to design his own terrifying roller-coaster experience (I got Brad a rider swap fast pass, so it wasn't too long of a wait for him). Meanwhile, all three of the girls and I went to a program called "Where's the Fire?"; it is an attraction that teaches children basic fire safety in an entertaining way.


 Then, we experienced "Play it Safe".  It is a smaller scale home that teaches children how to escape from a fire quickly and safely (the girls learned to crawl on their knees and stay low), as well as how to have a family meeting place outside for a fire emergency.

After that, we went onto enjoy an incredible afternoon at the World Showcase.

Then, in the evening before leaving the park, we returned to do a three more attractions: Mission: Space; The Seas with Nemo and Friends; Turtle Talk with Crush.
After we did the Turtle Talk with Crush, we stopped at a gift shop.  And while there, Jillian found the souvenir she wanted to buy with her money.  If you don't know Jillian well, then you don't know this, but Jillian is very careful with her money (whether it is given to her or not) and is very thoughtful in trying to make a good decision with it.  But she knew she found the perfect souvenir when she discovered three necklaces that said "Best", "Friends", "Forever".   She wasn't sure at first who she should give them to, but she quickly decided (on her own) that her best friends for life are her two little sisters.  (I get teary-eyed just thinking about it; it was one of the sweetest, and proudest moments I have had as Jillian's mom!) I am so thankful for the gift of friendship my girls have in one another and how they treasure it in their hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment