However, Jillian did win the ring toss TWICE. Jillian's prize was two big Power-Aid Drinks! I was really impressed that with only three rings, she was able to score a win with two of them!! Go Jillian!
We (I admit, it was mostly me) also had fun looking at their book sale. I was super excited to find two Sonlight books for the girls: The Great Wheel by Robert Lawson and Bonanza Girl by Patricia Beatty. I also entered into some silent auctions, and I actually "won" something (it costs money, but it was a great price for a good cause). We have four tickets for a puppet show at Glen Echo Park for this summer. :-)

It hit the spot for all seven of us! Thank you again Mimi and PawPaw for a delicious lunch.
Then that evening, I made dinner and we all relaxed with one another. Afterwards, Brad, PawPaw, and the girls went to the hotel to play some games together in the game room.

On Sunday, we went to church, had a quick lunch at home, and then went to look at some open houses. We have not looked at houses for some time now, the market has really picked-up (prices have inflated), and in our opinion, there is still not much of a selection. Even thought we didn't find much, we were really appreciative that Brad's parents were willing to go along with us.
But the definite highlight of the day was dinner at our favorite D.C. restaurant, Clyde's!

At the restaurant, we celebrated Mimi's May birthday, as well as Mother's Day that is coming up this Sunday!

We also celebrated the reunion with a dear friend, Brad's Cambridge Supervisor. His friendship is one of the greatest highlights of our time in England.

He spoiled the girls with purses (that Jillian and Faith are wearing in this photo) from London and adorable clips for Anna's hair! He said that his first plan was to buy Cambridge shirts for the girls but they were all in the oddest, square shape and he didn't think they would be a good fit.
We were all blessed by his thoughtfulness and the girls have been taking their purses everywhere they go! I especially like that they are easy to clean.

Faith reading lesson 47 to Mimi in Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons. That book has been the best bargain I have ever picked up. It has really helped my girls gain confidence in their ability to decipher words and to read fluently. It meant a lot to Faith to show her Mimi that she can read!

PawPaw (and Anna too) helped Jillian draw a picture of an animal and write a description of the animal. I love that with homeschooling we can do school whenever we want; it is especially fun with the grandparents!
Mimi and PawPaw's visit was a blessing in every way! Thank you Mimi and PawPaw for coming all the way to Maryland to see us! We love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment