This year has been incredible and so much more fulfilling than I ever imagined it would be.
As we have slowed down dramatically in our daily schedule, it's been fun to stop and record some of my girls many conversations with me throughout the day.
-------------
This morning Faith came to me and out-of-the blue told me, "My favorite book is the Bible because it's true (even though she was only talking, she ended her statement on a high note). It's about Jesus and He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. And if you have problems, it'll (the Bible) tell you what to do."
Faith was so excited that she knew how wonderful the Bible is, she began jumping and down!
Then my little singer broke into a song about Jesus:
"He is wonderful. You can pray to Him. He died on the cross for our sins. He was born in a stable of hay. He was married to Mary and Jophes (that's can be a hard word to say). The wisemen came and gave him presents (high note again). The bad king didn't like Him because He wanted to be King of Kings....."

(We went to Family Fun Day at Montgomery Mall this last week and the girls were able to decorate their own chocolate lollipops!)
----------------
My conversation with my 3 year old today:
"Mommy, you need to stop talking!" said Anna adamantly.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because I give you a kiss." :-)
It started out a little confrontational but it ended wonderfully with a BIG KISS and sweet giggles.
I saw this video today and it made me laugh.
---------------
Anna is an excellent errand runner for her big sisters. Jillian and Anna were playing like they were running their own bakery this afternoon when Jillian sent Anna on an errand to go fetch a knife.
Anna looked at me with concern as she fetched the butter knife. She knows she isn't supposed to play with knives. But then said with complete seriousness, "It's not for me, mommy...because I'm still growing up."
That's right baby, you are still growing up! :-)

Anna loves wearing her "princess" tulle skirts!

You may notice that Anna is not wearing her glasses in these last couple of photos. These are recent photos, taken this last week, but Anna's glasses have somehow disappeared. We finally gave up on finding them yesterday. The same day, we ordered our mischievous one two more pairs of glasses.
I I don't want to complain, but having a three year old with glasses has been a bit of a headache. She constantly like to take them off and the times she is wearing them she likes to touch and smudge them. Then she will cry, "Mommy, they're dirty!!!" In the last three months of Miss Anna wearing glasses, I have cleaned glasses more than I did in my entire 5 years of wearing glasses as a young adolescent (and I was eight when I got them)!-------------
On that same note of growing up, I made chocolate covered strawberries today. Jillian helped me dip them. While we were dipping, she asked me, "Mommy, where did you buy this chocolate? I need to know, because I TOTALLY want to do this when I grow up!"

It is fun being a grown up, but chocolate strawberries aren't the highlight... being the mommy to three delightful girls is TOTALLY the BEST!
No comments:
Post a Comment