Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Beauty of England

Yesterday, Jillian and I went to go see the cows behind our house, as well as to the creek to throw some rocks into the water! And while we were there, I discovered lots of BLACKBERRIES! Jillian and I were so excited, we ran back home, got a "bowl" and went and picked our blackberries. I didn't actually let Jillian pick them, because there were lots of thorns, but she felt very involved in the process. And when we got home, she was very anxious to try some of our blackberries! Last year, we discoverd an orchard of apples close to our home (it was part of the neighboring college, Robinson) and we had FREE apples for nearly two months! Unfortunately, this last summer, we didn't have enough sun, so the apples won't be as good! But there are always new surprises for us to discover!








Brad, unashamedly, has a PHOBIA of spiders and wouldn't you believe that England has them EVERYWHERE! We are constantly "hoovering" (vacuuming) them up inside our house and I am outside with a broom nearly every other day "beating down the webs"! Ugh! This one was in our back porch and it was especially big! I included this picture, so all of you wouldn't be as envious of our blackberry picking experience (and the beauty of England). But, if by some crazy chance, you LOVE spiders, I apologize :( The only spider I have ever liked was the fictional one in Charlotte's web (and its a sad ending). :(

No comments:

Post a Comment