I went to the doctor today and I had an examination. He estimates that this baby will be coming anytime (possibly even tonight or tomorrow!?!). Please be keeping us in your prayers. I know millons upon millions of women have given birth before, but I also know it is excruciatingly PAINFUL!!! More than anything, I am super excited...I am finally going to get to meet my baby girl. And I am also extremely thankful that Brad's parents are here to take care of Jillian. She has just loved having them here, and they have done an AWESOME Job spoiling her (and us too!)! :)
Yesterday was my 26th Birthday!
Brad made me breakfast in bed with pancakes, gave me an incredible foot massage, bought me some beautiful flowers, surprised me by picking out pictures for a frame we have had for some time with no pictures in it, and then in a joint effort with his parents made a delicious chicken parmasean dinner (with a store-bought white chocolate rasberry cheesecake for dessert!). Our sweet Canadian neigbors made me scones with clotted cream for the occasion, and "my Bible Study" completely SURPRISED me the night before with home-made "puddings" and gifts as well (lots of "luxury" ones to help me relax with this upcoming LABOR and DELIVERY)! It was a very special day for me!
Brad and I do a lot of home-made cards for one another in an effort to save some money and he was super-creative (and funny) for this one. Here is what Brad's home-made card read:
"Putting Aside:
* sore body
* hurting feet
* fleeting memory
* husband's cooking
* kicks to your rib-cage
* an independent- minded toddler
* visiting in-laws
* poor nights of sleep (and no good one in sight)
I hope today has been a very special and Happy Birthday!"
He then wrote something sweet and sentimental to me. He is such a romantic! :)

The Love of my Life- I am so thankful to be spending my 3rd (married) birthday with my sweet husband!

I was very excited to open Brad's gift of the frame with pictures of our many travels...Italy, England, and Austria.

Brad's parents bought me a very special gift for my birthday. They bought me a James Avery charm bracelet and a charm with a girl's sillouette that says "Jillian 9-30-05". I am getting another charm for Christmas that will have this baby girl's name with her birthday. I am going to make it my "LOVE BRACELET"-- I will have some sort of charm for Brad and me too!

I had to muster up a lot of energy to blow out my candles!

A Picture of Vicky, Jen, Me, and Jess.
Unfortunately, not everyone was able to make it on Tues night. Helen, whose father is having heart surgery this week and Remi, who is traveling in Scotland to work with Christian graduate students, were not able to be with us but sent their love.
I was so happy that we completed our Bible Study. Our next study will be "Seeking Him" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and we will begin that at the beginning of November!
Thanks for the update! You, Jillian, and this baby girl will have very close birthdays! That will make for very fun parties in future years.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for your delivery, that it will be so fast and efficient that you won't have time to think about the pain! :)