Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, October 5, 2007

The Eagle Pub

Tonight we enjoyed dinner with Brad's parents at the most famous pub in all of Cambridge...the Eagle Pub! We all enjoyed our "pub grub" ( I had steak n' ale pie) immensely and it was nice to walk around the town in the early evening! :)

Wiki "The Eagle Pub"---
"The Eagle is one of the larger pubs in Cambridge... Apart from the main bar, it sports a non-smoking room, a beer garden, and the so-called RAF bar with still-extant graffiti of World War II airmen at the back...When the Cavendish Laboratory was still at its old site at nearby Free School Lane the pub was a popular lunch destination for staff working there. Thus it became the place where Francis Crick interrupted patrons' lunchtime on 28 February 1953 to announce that he and James Watson had "discovered the secret of life" after they had come up with their proposal for the structure of DNA. The anecdote is related in Watson's book The Double Helix [1] and commemorated on a plaque next to the entrance."





I gave Brad a haircut on my birthday (but I have to confess, one of my big secrets is that Brad is a huge help with "play-by-play" instructions) and I think it looks fantastic! I am getting better and better at it! Every time I do it, we save at least $22 on a haircut for him (and that's the price with a student discount at the cheapest barber in town)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment