
I awoke in the morning to find a video message on the computer, as well as little love notes hidden around the house (there was even one in the raisin box!). :)

I told Brad that the girls were still coming over for Bible Study, because we weren't going to be able to meet for the next two week (Christmas and New Years). But really, the week previous, the girls had decided that they wanted to do something special for our anniversary as a thank you to the two of us for hosting the Bible Study at our flat! So I got to be in on the surprise as well. I got to pick a "dream menu" for the two of us. Helen took these pictures when she arrived, Brad still had no idea that we were going anywhere when these photos were taken. He just thought the two of us were dressing up for a late dinner after the Study! :)

The "plan" worked that Jen cooked the meal at her house, with the assistance of Vicky. After everything was ready, Vicky left to get us and Jen stayed to make sure everything was ready for our arrival. When we were close to getting there, Jen hid outside and left us a key to let ourselves in and then Vicky picked Jen up at the same time. Helen stayed at our place the whole time to watch the girls (while they were asleep). It was quite an elaborate plan!

When we arrived there were candles lit everywhere, romantic music playing, and the first course was awaiting us. We had Appletizer to drink, green salad with wensleydale cheese with cranberries and sundried tomatoes, brocolli cheese soup, and Mediterannean bread to start. And for the main course, we had Porkloin with dried apricots, rice and snow peas. And for dessert, we had molten dark chocolate baby cakes! Everything was outstanding, and Brad I felt completely relaxed the entire time. We talked about all the ways God has grown us these last three amazing years. We are looking forward to many more anniverarsy celebrations together, but I am certain this one will be one of the most memorable! It is a wonderful gift to have friends who celebrate our marriage with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment