Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Nativity Family

Faith, Brad, and I had the honor of playing Jesus, Joseph, and Mary for our church's children's party today! It was such a fun time for us, and we think it will be something really "memorable" for Faith someday! Afterall, how many girls get to "dress up" (she had a blanket on) as Jesus for an hour! She did an EXCELLENT job of being a baby; I think she was very convincing! :)

While the children did crafts, the three angels escorted children by groups of three of four kids (along with their parents) to see us in the manger. They didn't know what they were going to see; it was a surprise! The children's response varied. Many of the children were in absolute awe of the "nativity family", while others were a little confused. One child went back to the crafts room exclaiming, "I've SEEN JESUS, I've SEEN JESUS!". He was so excited to have seen the baby Jesus!

Jillian was the last child who came to see us, just in case she decided to spill the beans that Mary and Joseph were her Mommy and Daddy! While I sat in the manger, I thought of Mary and what it must meant to her to hold her first child, who was also her Savior, her Messiah. Jesus came to us a fragile baby, who laughed, hiccuped, and cried. The Christmas season is a very special time to have a baby to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas, the gift of Jesus Christ!



1 comment:

  1. Lauren,Brad,Jillian,Cambria: You gave the most PERFECT depiction of Christ's earthly family! But more importantly, the best description of Mary and Joseph's love and awe for their Christ's birth!
    Love, Gino and Vicki Zangara; Eric Bean and Adrienne Bean, TEXAS, USA

    ReplyDelete