Brad then asked Jillian, "Do you remember when Faith came home to meet us?"
Jillian nodded her head (her nods are very funny and memorable, she always has this very mature look on her face, with the expression that she knows exactly what's going on, nothing will get past her), and she said "CAR!".
When we left for the hospital, we gave Jillian kisses good-bye and told her we were going to get our baby and that we would be back. So when we came home with the baby in what she knew to be a car-seat, she knew we had brought our baby home in a CAR! So that was all it took for her to make a lasting association of Baby and CAR!
For about the first month after we brought Faith home, everytime Jillian and I would say our prayers at night together and thank God for baby Faith or even just talk about "our baby" during the day, Jillian would say, "Baby! Car!". I thought she was done making that connection, but tonight she said it again. Its now been 7 1/2 weeks! :) LOL!
Our two-year old is fully confident that she knows exactlly where babies come from...CARS, of course! :)
Jillian continues to be a big help to us, just tonight she went to her bedroom and got a diaper for Faith out of the drawer for us, got a "nappy" sack, diaper cream and took out the changing mat for us. She really likes being the Big Sister! :) More pictures of what Jillian has been up to these last couple of weeks to come!
All of these pictures were taken today!



I was thinking about y'all today! I am so glad to get see pictures of your beautiful daughters. They are so sweet and I'm glad Jillian is a great big sister. Isn't God wonderful to let us catch such sweet moments?
ReplyDeleteWe are going to get that Contented Baby Book soon... it's getting harder and harder for Kennedy to go to sleep at a reasonable hour! (think 12:30 or 1 am...)
We love you guys and are so glad to have this blogging thing so we can keep up with each other! Lots of prayers.
So adorable! I love Cambria's little jeans. They are precious!
ReplyDelete