Yesterday evening, my friend, Julie and I went to Artworks for a 2 hour class on introductory art! I had a fantastic time, and it was NOT ONLY because of the wonderful company. Our instructor, Rachel, was amazing at explaining things and she really helped me to see things with an "artist's eye". (Brad laughed at how I described planes and creating 3 dimensionality in my artwork when I got home).
We started out with sketching fruits, then we moved to mugs & glass vases, and our final exercise was a color pastel of fruits! I was very proud of how my picture turned out for being a beginner. I plan on framing it and putting it in our upstairs bathroom. :-)
Before I went that evening, I gave the girls their own art time with paints at home! As always, they had a blast creating art. Faith made a cow; she loved seeing them at the county fair this last weekend.
Julie and I arrived a little late (10 minutes) because we got a little turned around while driving to the studio. We came in excited, chattery, and laughing away, but we were a little stunned to discover complete silence inside.
Art takes serious concentration. All of the students (most of them in advance levels) were deeply involved in their art projects. I felt like a little kid again who was always getting a #2 (for talking in class) on my conduct report. :-) It was fun to feel young again, but I quickly put on my "artist's hat" and became as contemplative (of my "art") as my peers.
This is a demonstration of how not to properly hold a pencil. I am happy to say I know how to do it now!
My finished product!
My banana and pear :-) I purposefully chose the blue background because our bathroom has blue rugs. I don't know how well the subject of fruit works in a bathroom, LOL, but once again I choose to justify it by saying its a good memory.
Julie did a beautiful job! She is a quick learner too.
Julie's orange, banana, and peach :-)







Yay for Art! :)
ReplyDelete