Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, August 30, 2010

One Hand, Two Hands by Max Lucado

My girls and I really enjoyed this book! Jillian and Faith were flopping their hands, clapping them, snapping them and most of all being encouraged to use their little hands to bless others. The sweetly written book gave different examples of how small children can use their hands to love their friends (by making a card for the sick), serve their parents (by helping set the table or clean dishes), and say prayers to our Lord!

The ending was especially adorable with a prayer to God thanking him for the hands He has given us, as well as a review of what we learned in the book with explanations of how we can use our "helping hands", "kind hands", and loving hands".

I most definitely recommend this book! The concepts taught in the book were simple enough for a two tear old to benefit but at the same time were challenging to my almost five year old of how she can grow as a helper! The illustrations were beautiful and I look forward to having this as a keepsake book that I read many times over for my little girls.

This was a BookSneeze Review- I freely expressed my own opinion of this book! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment