Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dancing at Midnight

“Two are better than one. … Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (Ecclesiastes 4:9,12).


Anna has been a fairly good sleeper for us.  That is.... until the second week of December.  All of sudden, Anna decided she would like to take a two to three hour cat nap at bed-time, rather than sleeping through the night.   

She then of course, would wake up her mommy and daddy. Brad and I alternated who got up with her. She was completely happy and content if one of us would just stay with her but would cry miserably for A LONG time if we left her alone.  

This was one of my nights I was on duty. She told me she was hungry, so the two of us had a midnight snack of steamed green beans together. :-)

We laughed and played together.

She gave me some of her irresistible smiles!
\
Then she did a little of her dancing for me. 
Round and round... 

she twirled... 

and galloped to the music.

And then she would push the button for more MUSIC!

After a few more nights of some not great sleep, we decided to "experiment" and see if something might help Anna sleep a little better...

What we discovered about our sweet Anna is that she didn't much like being all alone in her room at night. 

So. after a conference with Jillian and Faith, and much to the delight of Anna (and her big sisters too), Anna has moved residence into Jillian and Faith's room! All three of the girls are bunking in the same room now and they are all loving it.

I especially appreciate how it is bonding our girls even closer together as sisters and friends AND though I am a little sad to no longer be dancing at midnight with Anna, I am thankful she and I are both getting better nights of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment