Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Snow Day

This is what we woke up to this morning.  
There were 16 inches of snow right next to our back door, but further back on the deck, Brad estimated that there were at least another 2 inches. That means 18 inches of SNOW! That's a little bit crazy for the Texans in the house!  

The girls waited for daddy to be done with his tele-working and then we all got suited up to go out into the snow. Initially, Faith was not excited about the cold, but when we actually got out there, she quickly gained enthusiasm. She was so cute, she said, "This is fun! We're making good family memories." :-)

Jillian immediately dropped into the snow to make snow angels.
 
Faith and I made some snow angels too!
Anna got a little stuck in the snow.  

Don't worry, I stopped taking photos to help her! 

Then, little Anna lost her mitten!  Thankfully, she recovered and had a great time in the snow. 
 
In fact, she was my biggest helper while making our miniature snow man!

 Brad made an arm on our snowman and it has a thumb up for our Aggies! "Gig 'Em Aggies"!    In retrospect, it was the perfect snowman for our house. We have maroon shutters and if you look in the far left corner you can see our A&M garden flag! :-)

Then we went inside to make REAL SNOW CONES!  
 

I should add, before we stepped on all of the snow, I took a big bowl and put fresh snow into it for our snow-cones!  
Jillian made the apple juice for me.

And the snow-cones were enjoyed by all. If it was possible, the girls would love to do this every day!!

Jillian and I helped Brad shovel a little bit, but he did most of the hard work! As his reward,  I made him chocolate chip cookies with red chocolate chips for Valentine's Day!  We made some popcorn, chicken nuggets, and listened to Steven Curtis Chapman greatest hits!  It has been a great snow day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment