Wednesday morning, Leigha gave me the special treat of letting me look through some of our old family photos. Time passed really quickly and before I knew it, it was time for "brunch".

So, we introduced the girls to Shipley donuts and kolaches. Both Brad and I grew up on Shipley's donuts in Texas. It was the "staple" donut that you picked up on Sunday before church for Sunday School class. They are super good. I had my favorite cinnamon sugar cake donut.
Then we made it back to Conroe to see my MeeMee and my cousin Jon David.
This picture melts my heart every time I look at it. My Mee Mee has gift for entering into the world of children.
As a child, she was a wonderful playmate. And now, as a grown woman, I appreciate her wisdom and kindness. A photo of Anna Joyce with her great-grandmother Helen Joyce.
Faith giving super big hugs to her MeeMee.
We brought MeeMee a mini-Raggedy Ann for her new home. As a child, I remember she had her whole guest room decorated with various Raggedy Anns and Andys.
MeeMee gave us a tour of the new building she lives in; they have a nice dining hall, a work-out room, and a calendar full of activities and events going on! Everyone was so friendly to us too.
It was hard for all of us to say good-bye to MeeMee, but we had such a special time with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment