And I also spent a couple of days/ nights with my American friend Kristin on base. We had so much fun together. Both nights we made it like a slumber party, watching girlie movies, making chocolate chip cookies (with York Peppermint Patties, yum...yum) and just talking about our love stories with our husbands, our adorable kids, the convictions God has given us and how He has patiently taught us through our life experiences. She is a true friend and a sweet sister in Christ. I got the privilege of spending the night with her because her husband, Josh, left for Iraq two weeks ago. They came over the night before he was deployed. Brad made him 48 HOURS of Ravi Zacharias sermons to listen to while he was over there (and he was so EXCITED!) , and I gave him some Cadbury cream eggs! :) Brad prayed for both him and Kristin aloud and it was just a really special time of fellowship.
Also, this last week, Brad and I went on a special date! We went to an Ashby Lecture on "Values and Happiness" given by Lord Richard Layard. It was extremely interesting (and I think Brad is planning on writing a more detailed post about it later). It was a secular point of view of what values we need to teach our children so that we can have a happier society. And afterwards, we had a spectacular dinner (the best dinner we have had in all of our 7 mths in Cambridge!). We had h'orderves between the lecture and at the dinner we had assigned seating. We had several courses, starting with asparagus and grilled tomatoes, and then leg of lamb (the juiciest, tastiest meat I have in a long time) with potatoes for our main course, pears with chocolate sauce for dessert, and then biscuits (crackers) with cheese and fresh fruit.
And on Friday, our friends Chris and Rebekah Georges arrived. They will be here until Tuesday morning and then will be coming back next Tuesday night to say good-bye (and to stay the night). We have been playing lots of Speed Scrabble and yesterday we did a tour of Cambridge and went to the Fitzwilliam Museum! Thursday, Brad, Jillian and I will be traveling to London for two days to be with my dad, Marilyn, and Kristin! And then all six of us will come back to Cambridge and do a little sight-seeing around here! We can not wait to see them! :)


Hi!! It is Nicole Hoff. I saw your link from Kelsey's page! You and your daughter are adorable!!! Soooo precious! So happy for you and your growing family! God bless!
ReplyDeleteIsn't Ima Mays Guide to Childbirth a wonderful book. I also recommend Birthing from Within. Visit my site www.mybrightbabies.com!
ReplyDeleteHi, Lauren! You look beautiful pregnant! We are so happy for y'all.
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to see you this summer.
\o/ bethany