

The picture following was just taken by me a couple of minutes ago! Brad is still at work (its 9:00 PM here) and I e-mailed him to tell him that Jillian was asleep in her big bed! Just this last weekend, we went to TK Maxx (equivalent to TJ Maxx in the States) and they had bed railings for 7 quid each. So we bought two of them and set them up on the twin bed in Jilian's room in hopes that she may occasionally want to lay down on it and get used to the idea of it! But tonight, when I went to lay her down, she pointed to the big bed and wanted me to lay her down there. I wasn't sure if it was a momentary thing or what. But she gave me kisses and said, "bye, bye" and "see ya".
I couldn't resist checking on her a few minutes later and she had discovered the Chicka Chicka ABC book that fit into the pocket that was on the side of the rail, so we read that together, I gave her more kisses, said a prayer aloud for her. And then left, and I waited twenty minutes longer the second time and she was ASLEEP! Just last night, I went to go check on her before going to sleep myself and I said to Brad I wish I had laid her down that night. And he replied by saying, "you did" and I said "yeah, well, I wish I had really cuddled with her some more tonight, she won't always be in her crib!". And do you know what happened the very next night!!?!! Yes, well I know I have already told you the answer, but it is just so amazing (and a little sad, if I am completely honest) how quickly my baby is growing up! I think I am ready to cry now.

On a "lighter note", these are some pictures of Jillian playing in the rain (I think her expression in one of them is a HOOT!). Jillian loves the outside, no matter the conditions outside, she wants to be there! On average, we spend two to three hours outside a day! It is no wonder to me that I am not gaining as much weight with this pregnancy! She keeps me so BUSY! But I am loving it, every day now it seems like she says a new word (so many I can not even keep up with them all). Just last night, Jilian saw her daddy sneaking some bites from the ice cream carton (very bad!) and Jillian ran over there and said "ice cream please". It is very rare that she puts words together. Normally she only says one word at a time and you often have to prompt her to say things too, but I guess she is like her mommy and daddy and has a big sweet tooth, and quickly discovered the importance of knowing how to politely ask for a treat (and melt her mommy and daddy's hearts at the same time)!



That is all for now! I am now 21 1/2 weeks pregnant and we are going home in just 2 weeks! Please be praying for all of our traveling. I am especially anxious (but am releasing my anxiety to the Lord) about the three flights I will be making with Jillian alone! Being pregnant and entertaining a toddler on two 2 1/2 hour flights (for Jenny Bloodsworth's wedding in Colorado....but I know it will be worth it, I am so EXCITED) and then the 9 hour flight home will be a challenge for sure!).
Some VERY wonderful news, I just found out today that my brother, sister and I will all be together for the first time in over 3 & 1/2 years! Last we were all together, it was a month before Brad and I got engaged! I have of course, seen Daniel and Leigha seperately over those last 3 1/2 years but we NEVER have ALL been TOGETHER in that time!!! WOW! My brother will be flying in from Washington D.C. with his girlfriend Beth (he is stationed at the Marine Base 8th and I) and Leigha will be flying in from Kansas City where she is during an internship this summer. It's going to be an amazing reunion.
Thank you so much for the stories and the pictures. It seems there will be an explosion of words in the near future. In the next two weeks it will be so sweet to hear those words with my own ears. Love you all, I will pray and expect that God will provide angels on your flights to help distract and entertain Jillian.
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad Holmes
Cute, cute, cute! Your daughter is so beautiful, and she looks as if she could never do anything wrong. I'm sure that is the case.
ReplyDelete