Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, May 24, 2007

An Upcoming Surprise!

Brad and I had the ultrasound today and the baby looked great (all the measurements looked good and everything else too). We are so blessed that the pregnancy is going well and that both the baby and me are healthy. But I have to say the ultrasound itself was a very negative experience for us. It was something we have been looking forward to and had been such a special event with Jillian.

But today, the technician was extremely rude and even caused us to feel defensive due to some of her comments (about our decision not to have the triple test). It was unfortunate that this happened and I was able to talk to someone on the hospital staff about my experience afterwards (a very compassionate woman who saw me crying in the entryway of the hospital).

But the news of what we are having is SO EXCITING! And we can not wait to tell you! The thing is....you are going to have to wait a little bit longer. Brad and I talked about it, and we really want to make it a special occasion where we can all celebrate "the news" with our families IN PERSON (rather than on the phone)! We are leaving for Texas in three weeks from today and my family has invited Brad's family (his parents and Beth and Nate) over for a Father's Day dinner. So we are going to tell them the news then. We will post soon after that, so you all can know too! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear but totally understand your decision. It's so much more fun to see people's reaction than just hear...and to make people wait a little. haha :)

    ReplyDelete