This morning at 7:40 AM, Brad awoke me by saying "Happy Birthday!". He was full of energy, compared to me, who was still in a half slumber. Being wide awake, I thought surely he should know what he is talking about. So I sat there for a few seconds contemplating..."are we still in the month of October... is it really my birthday?" I started to get really worried, that I was so out of it. But I quickly recovered and replied to Brad saying "It isn't my birthday". He gave me his biggest smile with his dimple grin and told me, "its your spiritual birthday"! And he was RIGHT! It is my birthday! Today, November 19th is the day that I made a public statement of faith that Jesus Christ was my Lord and Savior! Many thanks to my sweetheart, who remembered and is celebrating this day with me!
My Testimony:
I was blessed to be raised in a home with two Christians parents who took me to church regularly. I remember from a very young age (four or five) wanting to be "saved". I would ask my parents if I could be **baptized** and they told me that it was a big decision and something I needed to understand a little better before I made it. They were very wise and discerning because in truth I didn't really understand what it meant to become a follower of Christ. All I knew was that Jesus loved me and I loved him. I also knew that I didn't want to die and go to Hell, but I wasn't all that worried about it, because I was a "good kid". I didn't ever get in trouble, and I certainly hadn't done anything to merit me being sent to that "bad place"!
The day I realized that I was a sinner in a need of a Savior, my pastor was teaching about Adam and Eve in the garden. Adam and Eve had sinned against God and then tried to hide from Him. But they were unable to hide from Him, HE knew where they were, and He knew what they had done. It was the first time that I realized that my sins were not hidden from God. I knew I could hide my sins from other people, but I would never be able to hide them from God. He knew all of my selfishness, my "half-lies" and unkindnesses to other people. And yet he LOVED and HE desired me to be HIs forever. He made it possible for me to be His by giving His only Son to die on the cross. Even as I write this, it brings tears to my eyes that he would want me despite me being so unworthy of His sacrifice. I am 18 years old today! God has brought me through many trials and many victories, I am thankful that He calls me His!
A note ** baptized ** -- once you become a Christian, as an act of OBEDIENCE and as a public statement of your faith you are baptized, but your salvation is not dependent on it. The day I was baptized was a beautiful and very special day for me and my family!
This is a song that really touched me today! The Creator of the Heavens loves me JUST as I am. He calls me HIs Beloved.
Your Beloved- By the Tree
Lord it was you
You created the heavens
Lord it was your hands
That put the stars in their place
Lord it was your voice
That commands the morning
Cause even oceans and their waves bow at your feet
Oh God
(Chorus)
Lord who am I
Compared to your glory
Lord who am I
Compared to your majesty
Cause I'm your beloved
Your creation
And you love me as I am
You call me chosen
For your kingdom
Unashamed to call me your own
Cause I'm your beloved
Lord it was you
You created the heavens
Lord it was your hands
That put the stars in their place
Lord it was your voice
That commands the morning
Cause even oceans and their waves bow at your feet
Oh God
(Chorus)
No comments:
Post a Comment