The double stroller our friend from New Zealand generously gave us has not worked as well as we had hoped. Jillian must have grown leaps and bounds since we tried it out this summer, because it was the worst work-out getting the double buggy out. So after multiple times trying it out (both Brad and I), we decided to Free-cycle it to someone else in Cambridge who had smaller/ lighter children. Then, we were left with the terrible dilemma, what do we do in Cambridge, with no car, no double buggy, and two children. Initially, I thought well I will just use the baby carrier and the single stroller and then upgrade to a buggy board later on. But I already find the carrier difficult to do for long distances and I don't think Jillian will be able to do buggy board for miles anytime soon. So, then we decided, I would use our Chariot double trailer with the jogging wheel attachment...but I got so many odd stares and looks (Brad will attest to this too!). It is very bulky and doesn't fit into most doorways (including our own). So you have to leave it outside and lock it up and then go into church, store, or wherever you are going (which I find really annoying, as well as difficult).
So then my quest began for finding the perfect buggy. The logical first choice was another Maclaren, because we have really enjoyed our Maclaren Techno Classic for Jilian. So we went to Mothercare and tried it out and of course, in the store it was great (but that was without cobblestone or without having to "hop" any curves). So that night, after having completed the preleminary testing, I called a friend from church and arranged for me to "borrow" her buggy to go into town! So the next day, all six of us went into town with "my two girls" in the double stroller and her two boys with the single stroller and buggy board (her boys are 1 and 3).
I am so GLAD that I did a test-run because it wasn't as ideal as I hoping. I had to step on the middle wheel to hop curves (which it is not designed for) and it is very wide, so you would have the similar problem that you would have with the chariot. As a small thank you, we went to Starbucks inside Borders bookstore (with our four kids under the age of 3, you can just imagine the sight we were!), and I treated her to a coffee and a muffin! I thanked her for giving me the test run, and she confided in me that if she had a choice she wouldn't get the Maclaren double again, but would consider getting the Phil and Ted's. Well the Phil and Ted's cost about $800! So guess what we are doing!!! We are going to enjoy home delivery of our groceries, friends coming over to visit us at our flat, taking two buggies out on the weekend when daddy is home, and using the carrier and single stroller for short walks! And when a little more time passes...out I will go with the CHARIOT JOGGER!!! Wish me LUCK!
P.S. We do have a baby sling that is especially designed for the Chariot. It was given to us by a friend who no longer needed it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment