I am a little concerned that I am comparing the two of them so much. I told myself I would never do that, but it really is an easy thing to do, especially with the two of them being so close in age! In my family of three kids, I was always the point of reference for my younger brother and sister. So I never thought it was that "bad" of a thing to do. But now that I have experienced being the "baby" on Brad's side of the family, I have discovered that I do not like being compared to anyone else. Isn't that funny? And now I am experiencing it from the parent's perspective. It is hard being parents! You always want what is best for your children, but sometimes its hard knowing what is BEST for them and how to achieve that! I know that is when God's Word and Praying come to be the most valuable!
I would LOVE to hear anyone else's thoughts about being the ELDEST/ BABY!?!? Or your thoughts on being the parents to more than one child!?


Even if my parents were comparing us, I didn't ever hear it or they didn't show it. I think it's only natural to compare the different personalities and abilities of your children. I think the most important thing is to make each of them feel like they are special and unique, which I have no doubt that you do for your girls. As the baby of the family, my advice is to be careful about what you say to them. They will have different strengths and weaknesses so help them learn from each other. I know you are a wonderful mother and know everything I just said but you asked! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelsey! Your comment was AWESOME, a great encouragement! I miss you lots and lots. Tell Charlie and your mom I said "hello".
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think your parents did a great job with you, your brothers, and sister. :)
( I have never left a comment on my own blog before...but this is super neat. I may start doing it ALL the time, because then the comments on here will quadruple. LOL )
I agree that parenting is hard stuff. It is such a blessing - but it is hard. Having two little girls so close together like you, I too, am often concerned that I compare them too much. It seems like it gets a little easier to not do that so much as they get older and you start seeing more and more of their individual personalities develop. Even so, I still feel like I am comparing them too much at times. I was just recently thinking about how I see things in Micah that stir me to want to change her. But as I have thought about that and prayed about - I realized what I was seeing was some of the personality traits that she got from me - that I've never been comfortable with me having, much less my little girl. My advice is what you already know - stay close to the Lord. He knows you and your girls and only He can truly be the one to give you that 'insider' knowledge to what's really going on. I am so thankful we have the Holy Spirit for many reasons, but one is that there is no way I could do this parenting thing without the Holy Spirit guiding me, encouragiging me, and convicting me.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you.