Family Photo
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
"Holy, Holy, Holy"
It is such a blessing to be able to teach our children the truths of God's Word through song, video, books, and living life day-to-day!
We have recently introduced Jillian to Boz, the green bear. She got the "A Wowiebozowee Christmas" and she loves the last scene with the manger scene and baby Jesus! There hasn't been a day that has passed that she doesn't talk about Baby Jesus. We sing songs about Jesus. We especially enjoy singing together ..."I'm so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Jesus in my heart!" We have been praying WITH Jillian for over a year now, but she is just beginning to understand that we pray to Jesus! We tell Jillian how much He loves us and that He loves when we come to Him in prayer!
We also have some Beginner Bible storybooks (recommended for ages 2-4) that she loves and one of the books in our small library is the Easter story. It so cute, when she wants to read that particular book, she will say "Jesus is Alive!" (with a full exclamation point, because that is how we tell her the story!). I know its quite young, but when we look at the illustrations for "Jesus is Risen" she will point to Jesus on the cross, and say "Jesus, boo-boo," and then she will point to Mary and the other women crying at the foot of the cross, "sad, crying". And then at the end, she will get all excited when the angel tells the women "Jesus is ALIVE!" She loves when "baby Jesus" all grown-up appears to the women and tells them, " Go! Tell the good news!"
***(When Brad and Jillian are singing about the "Trinity" they are making a triangle because God is three "persons" in one (God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit)!)***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is too cute! I was so sad the other day when I missed your call! Please call back when you get a chance! I love you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete