Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Huckabee

I (Brad) read this interesting article on the New York Times

What do you think?

I think Huckabee summarizes a lot of what I have been feeling recently about Christian responsibility to "have-nots". We are certainly on a very tight budget, with a graduate student stipend, but I would still catagorize us as "haves". We have so much compared to many others in America and the world. There are some people who can barely afford to put anything on the dinner table, and at times don't even have a roof over their heads.

Unfortunately, I don't know everything about Huck, and I am wary of his "fair tax" plan and other statments he has made. But, I think I could support him. I am certainly confused why the Family Research Council has not given its complete support!

1 comment:

  1. I like Huck too but need to have more details about the tax and other issues.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete