Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Toy Story 3

On our last day with Grammie and Grandad (before they left the next day), we went to go see Toy Story 3 in 3-D at the movie theater!!!
Grandad, Ava (one of Jillian's VERY best friends), Jillian, and Grammie waiting for the elevator in the parking garage!
Grammie, Jillian, Ava, Grandad, and Faith
Both of my girls have their purses to go to the movies!
The girls first movie experience!
I am so sentimental I took a photo of them in front of the concession stand too! Grammie and Grandad made it a real treat and got the girls popcorn and drinks too.
After the movies, we brought a whole bag of popcorn home to Buddy to thank him for helping his mom watch Anna at our house. We were running late (by the time we got to the movies, the preview had started) and didn't have time to figure out the car seat situation for Buddy to go too. The good news is Buddy was oblivious to where we were and had a blast playing with the cars in the basement. My many thanks to Julie who watched little Anna while we are the movies!
We got to wear these fun 3-D glasses for the film (notice Faith is wearing her regular sunglasses for the picture). ;-) I have to say it was a pretty cool experience watching the film in 3-D (it was my first time to experience it too). And Tom Hanks was hilarious as Woody. There were a couple relatively scary parts, but during those parts I gave commentary to the girls. When Woody and the toys were about to fall into the fiery furnace. I told the girls, "Don't worry they're going to make it. They're swimming! Look there's a helicopter that's going to save them." Ava told her mom Julie that was her favorite part of the whole movie. I guess I had quite an impression on her! ;-)
That evening, Brad returned home and we were treated by Grammie and Grandad to Five Guys (Brad's favorite hamburger place) and then we treated Grammie and Grandad for some Bruster's ice cream for dessert. Thanks Grammie and Grandad for a wonderful trip! We LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for inviting Ava to go with you to the movie! She had a blast and we (Buddy and I) enjoyed watching your precious Anna! It was a great time for us all! :-)

    ReplyDelete