Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, September 2, 2010

"The Faces of Faith"

I think it has been a fairly big adjustment for Faith to have gone from being the baby of the family to being the middle child, but she has fully accepted (and adores) her little sister, Anna. And not only that, she has become such a big helper. Just today Faith found Anna's paci for me. :-)

Faith is extremely affectionate and loves going on dates with her Mommy and Daddy, especially when we go in the red car! This last week, Faith and I went on a Mommy Date to Target. (I know Target doesn't sound like a good date, but I had no other objective for going to Target than having fun with my almost three year old, and it worked!).

We had tons of FUN and even picked out some new Play-Doh. We looked at lots of different colors, and in the end, Faith chose a four pack. She decided she wanted to share the purple with Jillian, the orange with Daddy, the green with mommy, and she kept the pink for herself. :-)

Also, while there we got the opportunity to have Faith's picture taken with a walk-in-appointment at the Portrait Studio (an opening is a rarity, especially on a Saturday, so that was super exciting!). I didn't really get her ready for the photo, she chose her own clothes that day, and I re-brushed her hair at Target with a brush I had in my purse. But we had a great time, she looked adorable and I thought her expressions were precious!

After the picture-taking, Faith and I went to the Target eating area and bought ourselves a cherry ICEE. We were enjoying our special treat when Faith noticed that there was a bug flying around in the store.

She pointed at the bug and EXCLAIMED (she is a very passionate child), "Bug! There's a bug!" And then with a just hint of sadness, she added, "Jillian got a bug. She sick." :-) LOL!

Another fun story, I said to Faith, "You're a smart cookie"

Faith responded, genuinely concerned, "No, mommy, I'm not. I'm a girl. "

Here are some of the many faces of "my smart GIRL".


1 comment:

  1. So SUPER SWEET! What a fun date! I am excited for the day Ferris and I can have fun dates like that. You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete