The first week of August we joined some of our dear friends for a picnic and blackberry picking at Butler's Orchard.
The girls sweetly posed for us on the bridge.

The girls sweetly posed for us on the bridge.

Then, while we were eating our peanut butter and jelly picnic lunch, we discovered a long earth worm (which was especially cool, because we studied soil for science the next week)!

Then, we made our way to the fields to pick some blackberries! I never really liked blackberries until I tried fresh blackberries from the farm; they are absolutely delicious!

After we picked several lbs of blackberries, we went back to the picnic tables for some more play time! Little M and Anna enjoyed hiding in a game of hide-and-seek!

He enjoyed being with his mama!

Faith shared her hat with baby J and he was beyond excited!!
All five of the kids have become the sweetest friends....
and love giving one another the biggest hugs.
All five of them make me SMILE! :-)
On the day at the orchard, my friend Joanna surprised me and captured these adorable photos of my girls. She is such a great photographer. Thank you Joanna for this gift. :-)

All of my girls' hair was an absolute mess after all the fun they had running around at the orchard!

But I love them! I love how this one shows Anna's feistiness and her excitement for life!

I love this photo of Faith's more serene side.
Faith's cheeks got so red as she ran around. She asked me several times,"Mom, am I flushed?" The answer was a most resounding "YES"! (We brought water with us, but Little M and Faith thought it would be fun to water the plants. I also bought the girls 3 frozen lemonades from the market, but it was a little tart for their liking ).

Faith loves the outdoors and appreciates all of God's beautiful creation! She is my only girl who will touch a slug or worm and delight in God's perfect design for it. :-)










No comments:
Post a Comment