Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Last Week of Summer

I decided to start our school year three weeks early, so we could have a little more flexibility in how long of a Christmas break we take in December,  & I am also hopeful that we can finish our school year a little earlier too!

So, the last week of our family's summer, I tried to have some special events to celebrate the end of our summer break.

We went to Cheesecake Factory for National Cheesecake Day for 1/2 off cheesecake.  While there, we also enjoyed some Shepherd's pie and fish and chips in celebration of the recent birth of Prince George of Cambridge. :-)


We also went to the American girl store for a Saige scavenger hunt along with a model clay craft of a hot air balloon!

But our favorite thing was the Lego Friends Event at the Lego store  The girls each made their own jewelry box out of Legos.



I also bought a couple of small sets, so the girls could have fun creating their own designs at home.  We have a new Lego girl in our house.  If allowed, Jillian would spend hours creating new ice-cream shops with gardens (unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of that grand design)!   It was a happy conclusion to a wonderful summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment