Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

At the Hospital- Part 2

We were only in the hospital for about 36 hours total.  One night sleeping in the hospital was plenty of time for me, so all of these sweet friends met our daughter in the first fifteen hours of her life.  

In addition to bringing our girls to see us, the Glenn's also brought us some yummy Chick-Fil-A.  Brad and both I do not like hospital food, and were very relieved to have a chicken sandwich and fries for our dinner. They even spoiled Brad with a chocolate shake for the occasion of him being a Dad for the third time. :-)

When my sweet friend Naomi first held Anna, she had tears in her eyes, which of course, put tears in my eyes. For many reasons, she is a amazing friend, but I was especially blessed that she was so excited to share in the joy of our baby girl. 

Faith, Madeline, and Jillian playing on Brad's "bed" in the hospital.

These are three very funny, sweet girls! 

My friend Trisha loves babies.  A year earlier (from Anna's birth), I visited Trisha and her third baby Aliyah at Holy Cross Hospital.  Aliyah was such a precious, beautiful baby girl that I wanted to have another baby girl myself! I am so thankful God gave us sweet Anna.

Trisha also brought us some delicious Panera bagels, fresh fruit, and some pink pajamas for our baby girl.   She organized meals for our family too. For two weeks, and every other day, people from our church brought us meals. 

These pictures are actually not in chronological order. Julie came during her kids nap/ lunchtime to see Anna when she was only 8 hours old. Brad was so exhausted from the all-nighter we had the night before that he fell asleep on the chair, while Julie kept me company for an hour. 

Julie was the first grown-up we told that we were having a baby girl! She very generously watched our girls during the sonogram and for a couple of other appts too.

I don't know what we would do without our friends and am so thankful that they came to visit us at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment