More Memories from Anna's Birth:
Brad and I have only left the girls one time (while we were together) and that was when they were in our home with their Grammie for two nights. So, they don't have much experience being away from us!
Thankfully, the Glenn's are very good friends of ours and I knew that they would make the girls at home while we were gone. When I dropped the girls off, and my hormones felt like they were at an all-time high, I remember telling Naomi, "Please give them lots of cuddles if they get sad." She was more than happy to do that, but it ended up that the girls had too much fun to need any "comfort cuddle time"!
On Monday morning, after Anna was born, I called and talked to Jillian for a brief time. She told me she was excited about the baby, but then politely asked, "Mommy, can I go play now? We are playing restaurant." It made me laugh that I was missing Jillian more than she was missing me, but I was like, "Oh, alright! Talk to you later." :-)
More recently, Jillian asked me if we could have another baby, so she could have another sleepover at Madeline's, and watch a movie in their van! :-) Faith fondly remembers the time she had her fingernails painted at Madeline's. A wonderful time was had by all, thanks Glenn Family!

The girls playing kitchen in their pajamas in Madeline's room.
Brad and I have only left the girls one time (while we were together) and that was when they were in our home with their Grammie for two nights. So, they don't have much experience being away from us!
Thankfully, the Glenn's are very good friends of ours and I knew that they would make the girls at home while we were gone. When I dropped the girls off, and my hormones felt like they were at an all-time high, I remember telling Naomi, "Please give them lots of cuddles if they get sad." She was more than happy to do that, but it ended up that the girls had too much fun to need any "comfort cuddle time"!
On Monday morning, after Anna was born, I called and talked to Jillian for a brief time. She told me she was excited about the baby, but then politely asked, "Mommy, can I go play now? We are playing restaurant." It made me laugh that I was missing Jillian more than she was missing me, but I was like, "Oh, alright! Talk to you later." :-)
More recently, Jillian asked me if we could have another baby, so she could have another sleepover at Madeline's, and watch a movie in their van! :-) Faith fondly remembers the time she had her fingernails painted at Madeline's. A wonderful time was had by all, thanks Glenn Family!

The girls playing kitchen in their pajamas in Madeline's room.

You may think Faith pajamas look a little funny. The truth is, she is wearing a 4T skirt (yes, two sizes too big) that she called her "B". We're not real sure where that name came from, but she would wear it almost any time we were at home, and every night. So of course she had to have it for the sleep-over too! She no longer wears her "B" anymore, but loves wearing dresses and size 3T skirts all the time now. It brings back lots of happy memories seeing her in her once beloved, over-sized skirt.

Then the girls did some painting. I think its a little funny that Naomi got my girls dressed, but sweet Madeline is still in her pajamas! :-)

Today, I asked Jillian if she remembered what she had made in this photo and she said, "I......Don't (high-pitched) Know!" and then added, "I think I was just making a craft, just nothin'."
Okay, now, just 30 seconds later, she is saying "I think it was dinosaur, I have a feeling it was a dinosaur." So in Jillian's recollection it is either "just nothin'" or a dinosaur!










Wow, it is amazing how much they have all changed in a year. We had lots of fun with your girls. And yes, I think that was during the time that Madeline didn't like getting dressed. So, we didn't always have that battle :)
ReplyDelete